GameMonkey Script

GameMonkey Script Forums
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Merry Christmas!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:00 am 

It's Christmas time again, and long term GM forum folks will know I give a Christmas greeting each year. I'm sure most must think I am a religious person. In fact I hate religion. I see religion as Man's feeble attempt to DO something to find God, while all God wants is Mankind to recognize what he has already DONE for us. Christmas is a celebration of Gods favor toward us, and though 2009 looks to be a year of uncertainty, I wish you all a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year!

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:57 pm 

I am not a religious person myself aswell, I just see Christmas is as a holiday to spend some time with family and friends, just to be away from work and stuff.

Merry Christmas, and a productive new year :)

Cheers!

Post subject: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:14 pm 

It is nearly time for the yearly festival, pagan in nearly every detail, yet an opportunity to remember Jesus, the final sacrifice, born amongst us, to set us free of guilt and reunited us with our creator.

This year has been a challenge for many of us, with global concerns and local struggles. Never has there been a more appropriate time to share neighborly love and encourage one another. Now is the time to enjoy God's grace, before the day of justice.

So to all forum members and their families, have a happy Christmas and blessed new year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:18 am 

It's Christmas time again. It seems like a lifetime since my last Christmas address. Probably because for me it's been a long year with highs and lows, tragedy and joy. Common to our kind really.

Christmas celebration may be steeped in pagan traditions and hijacked by commercial interests, but that is no reason to avoid a time of engagement and reflection with family and friends. It's also time to consider God's act of peace with mankind.

It reminds me of a true story I head long ago about some Christian missionaries who tried to explain the good news story to a primitive tribe. The tribe could not grasp the significance of the story due to their different culture, where it was enviable to be the one who could scheme against a trusted leader and betray them. Hence the Bible account would leave them barracking for Judas! After seeking wisdom the missionary realized there was a relevant analogy in a certain tribal custom. When the tribe was at war, the way to peace was for both tribes to exchange a baby for the each other to care for and raise. That act was the Peace Child.

I think we can appreciate the redeeming analogy of trust and compassion used to restore communication and peace between God and mankind.

A happy Christmas and excellent New Year to you all!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:43 am 

2011 is nearly at an end. It may seem many things were out of your control this year with natural disasters, wars , threats of war, debt crisis and protests near and far. If you don't know God, I'd encourage you to ask the living God to take control of your own life, that way you can be effective and enjoy peace. I'm reminded of a quote from Bono of U2 fame who said "Stop asking God to bless what you're doing. Get involved in what God is doing, because it's already blessed"

I wish you all a safe and enjoyable Christmas and an excellent New Year!